The Project X-pired Art Exhibition
Project X-pired is an initiative to raise awareness about food wastage in Singapore. Food Bank Singapore will be collecting EXPIRED packaged food and transforming them into art pieces for a fund raising auction. Instead of dumping expired food, you can now donate them and at the same time, spread awareness about food wastage reduction. Food Bank Singapore would also like to take this opportunity to gather data from the trade on how much packaged food are dumped and wastage.
Join us for an intriguing and exciting experience!
Date: 18-19 October 2014, 11am to 8pm
Venue: City Square Mall, B1 Fountain Square
What to expect at the event
- Art Pieces made from expired food by Edible Art Movement
- Silent Auction – Get a chance to bring back the art pieces!
- Build a Tree Sculpture made of expired cans!
- Try your hand at Graffiti Art using expired food material
- A Buffet Line at the Special Lunch Segment!
- Exciting line-up of performances from various groups!
- Mega Food Drive – We’ll be collecting unopened, unexpired, and non-perishable food items
- Find out more about food wastage and hunger issues in Singapore by visiting our educational booth!
How you can support us:
- Spread the word for us! – like as on Facebook and share our post
- Purchase a food ticket or sponsor a beneficiary to enjoy a meal at our special lunch segment!
SPECIAL LUNCH SEGMENT
18 October 2014 , 11am to 1pm
The Food Bank Singapore is collaborating with Singapore Chefs Association to create a buffet using frequently donated food items. Beneficiaries will be invited to learn about the variety of ways in which frequently donated food items can be prepared. With just $15, you can join us for a delicious meal or sponsor a beneficiary to enjoy a meal with us.
Mega Food Drive
Support Project X-pired by donating your expired packaged food to us today!
We accept all kinds of non-perishable food items that are at least 1 week before expiry from the date we receive it, unopened and in good condition. Drop off your food donation at our Project X-pired’s food drive booth!
Alternatively, you may also drop off the items at:
39 Keppel Road #01-02/04
Tanjong Pagar Distripark
Operating hours: Weekdays 8.30am to 5pm, Saturday 8.30am to 1pm
"The Can Tree" Sculpture & Food Graffiti Wall
Try your hand at converting expired cans and food to into art at Project X-pired to raise awareness about food wastage in Singapore! The Food Bank Singapore is creating a sculpture of a tree using expired cans and setting up a Food Graffiti Wall for participants to express their creativity using expired food as art material.
How you can participate:
- Pledge $1.00 for every expired can (minimum pledge of 10 cans) and participate in the creation of the symbolic "Can Tree Sculpture!"
- Pledge $5.00 for a bag of food material to create your own graffiti on the Food Graffiti Wall.
All proceeds from the sale of the cans will go to The Food Bank Singapore in support of the event. Excess cash will be used to purchase food items for the needy.
For more about the Edible Art Movement, visit their website here.